PUBLIC HEALTH NUISANCES
The Belmont County Sanitary Code includes regulations on the following “NUISANCES” that may become injurious to the public by creating a “PUBLIC HEALTH HAZARD”.
List of nuisances the Belmont County Health Department will investigate:
The above areas will be investigated when a signed written complaint is filed as required by the Board of Health.
Where a “PUBLIC HEALTH NUISANCE” is found to exist, this Department will take the necessary steps to attempt to bring about compliance within the provisions of the Sanitary Code.
The following list is
NOT covered by the
1. Excessive growth of grass, weeds or trees
2. Housing (no
building / housing codes in
3. Number of animals / nuisance animals
4. Unclean living conditions
5. Junk automobiles and / or junk yards (contact your township trustees)
6. Burning of
Ohio EPA in Logan, OH
7. Illegal dumping / Scrap tire dumping / Construction Materials [contact the Ohio EPA (614-644-2621) to report]
8. Commercial sewage problems [contact Ohio EPA for Semi-Public (740-380-5266) and Public and Industrial (740-380-5284)]
9. Unsanitary living conditions with children involved (contact Children Services 740-695-1074)
Landlord / Tenant problems (Steps
to follow in order to have repairs made by landlord or if you need legal
advise and your income is less than 125% of the poverty level contact
Southeastern Legal Services
The above list will not be investigated because there are no public health regulations governing them.